Starting Spring, Mountain Recreation offers kayak and stand-up paddleboard rentals directly from our fleet at the store. Or, every weekend starting Memorial Day, we have a kiosk at Scotts Flat Lake Day Use Area. In June through the summer, the kiosk at Scotts Flat Lake is available every day, from 10:30 a.m. until 6:00 p.m.
- Daily Rentals from Mountain Recreation (all kayak/SUP/canoe rentals include paddle(s) and life jacket(s))
- $40 daily rate Single Kayak/SUP (includes paddle and life jacket); $20 additional consecutive days
- $60 daily rate Tandem Kayak/Canoe (includes paddles and life jackets); $30 additional consecutive days
- Hourly Rentals from Scotts Flat Lake, Day Use (all kayak/SUP rentals include paddle(s) and life jacket(s))
- $20 first hour single kayaks or SUP; $10 each additional hour
- $30 first hour tandem kayak; $15 each additional hour
- $60 full day single kayak or SUP (10:30 a.m.-6:00 p.m.)
- $80 full day tandem kayak (10:30 a.m.-6:00 p.m.)
- $5/day life jackets
- $5/day paddles
- $5/day cam straps
- $10/day soft rack for car
We offer seasonal ski rentals for children/juniors for a package price of $99/120, based on size. This program starts each October.
- $20 Junior ski/snowboard package, based on ski/snowboard size
- $30 Adult ski/snowboard package
- $60 Adult demo (performance) ski package
- $5 Helmet
- $15 Boot (ski/snowboard)
- $20 Snowshoes with poles
- $20 Resort cross-country ski package
- $20 Non-resort cross-country ski package
- All rates are per day, travel time included. Rentals can be picked up after 3:00 p.m. on the day prior to use and returned the morning after use by 11:00 a.m.. This is considered a one-day rental. Example: Skiing Saturday: pick up Friday after 3:00 p.m., have the equipment all Saturday and return Saturday by 6:00 p.m. or Sunday by 11:00 a.m.
Ski Shop Services
- $10 Machine wax (quick buff wax, lasts 1-2 days)
- $25 Hand wax (iron wax, lasts 4-5 days)
- $25 Quick tune–edges with a machine wax
- $40 Regular tune–edges with a hand wax
- $60+ Full tune–edges, minor base repair, base grind and hand wax (base repair additional)
- $25 Snowboard mount–set up snowboard bindings for rider
- $25 Safety check–set ski bindings to skier and check release settings
- $60 Ski mount–any mount that requires drilling
- $20 New ski prep–quick wax and edge detune
- $75 Remount–mount for skis that have been mounted previously
- Estimate: base weld, edge replacement, base replacement, epoxy work, etc.
- Must be 18 years of age to rent equipment.
- Credit card deposit required on all rentals.
- Winter equipment may be picked up after 3:00 p.m. on the day prior to use.
- Returned equipment is due at the end of the day/day of use within store hours or no later than 11:00 a.m. the following day.
- All late returns will be charged for the additional day(s).
- Renter is responsible for all lost/stolen/damaged equipment.
- Replacement of equipment is at full retail pricing.
- Up to three demo rental costs will be applied to winter equipment purchases prior to January 15th.